Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID> on 2018/06/26 12:02:18 UTC

Pushing the 2nd donation

Hi all,

On the Oracle side, we've been trying to push the 2nd donation today.

We need an 'orphan' branch since that's what we need to work with Emilian's
history, as I understand it.

We've tried pushing to Git and failed thus far and are discussing with
Apache infra what to do next. Only via Git, AFAIK, can an orphan branch be
created, not GitHub.

git push --set-upstream origin 2ndDonation

and

git checkout --orphan 2ndDonation

That was rejected for some reason.

Anyway, just to let you know we're trying -- Jan Lahoda amongst others is
involved in this.

Thanks,

Gj

Re: Pushing the 2nd donation

Posted by Sven Reimers <sv...@gmail.com>.
Yeah!

-Sven

Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.invalid> schrieb am
Di., 26. Juni 2018, 15:54:

Re: Pushing the 2nd donation

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Fantastic!

Re: Pushing the 2nd donation

Posted by Junichi Yamamoto <ju...@gmail.com>.
Great!

Re: Pushing the 2nd donation

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@protonmail.ch.INVALID>.
Maybe you have to merge that orphan branch with master before doing a push?

--emi