Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Ajay Dalvi <da...@extenprise.com> on 2006/12/14 07:40:57 UTC

Help regarding Differetn tags available for forms and Common Java Services available

Hi All,

The sugessions I got for my last posts to ofbiz group for "Addition of new
application and customizing existing application", I have folowed that. It
was very helpful to me. Thanks a lot for your help.

I had gone through the tutorial
<http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/tutorials.php>
http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/tutorials.php

I also refered the "OFBiz: An Insider's View by Basil Arkasosy" and tried to
go through the agreement application in Accounting.

I tried to develop one sample application as an exercise to get to familiar
with the ofbiz technical and development environment. I was able to do some
functionalities in my sample application which I develop by refering the
agreement application code.

Still I am not been able to have a good understanding about the under the
hood technologies. I right now missing documents related to the specific
things like

1. Info regarding the different tags available for forms and Screens.

2. Execution flow starting from the Controller to actual rendering of the
page.

    This will be helpfull for understanding for e.g. how the different
variables are set using action tags in the context and how they get
available in forms etc.

2. Common Java services (Functions) available to use which are provided by
Obiz framework by default. I gone through the "performFind" Java service
which I get to know from the agreement application.

Actually I have used all these things in my sample application but that was
done by refering agreement application simply because I was not able to find
the documentations for all above things on Obiz related sites.

Can anyone please suggest me anything for all above queries. It would be
very very helpful for me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

-Ajay

Re: Help regarding Differetn tags available for forms and Common Java Services available

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
I, almost always, recommend starting here for learning about the
framework:

http://incubator.apache.org/ofbiz/VideosFrameworkIntro.html

-David