Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/15 10:20:44 UTC

Re: how to print the channel capacity

for maximum performance on your data flow two things which will matter most
are: the channel and the transaction batch size.
when you say losing data, are you using memory channel? or file channel?

Flume can batch events. The batch size is the maximum number of events that
a sink or client will attempt to take from a channel in a single
transaction.

 What is the channel type
do you have a slow sink so the # events written out are less than # event
incoming to channels so over time it piles up

others may point out more things.
Also your flume conf and if you are seeing any errors on flume then that
will help people to find out the problem

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: 答复: how to print the channel capacity

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
instead of memory channel .. can you try file channel?

i think when you say exact point that can balance input and output .. you
want to figure out how many events can the memory channel buffer before you
start losing the events .. is that correct ?

from http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html#memory-channel
capacity100The max number of events stored in the channeltransactionCapacity
100The max number of events stored in the channel per
transactionkeep-alive3Timeout
in seconds for adding or removing an event

--
Nitin Pawar

答复: how to print the channel capacity

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.