Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by jWeekend <jw...@cabouge.com> on 2009/02/02 18:37:06 UTC

Re: London Wicket Event - 4th February @ Google

With around 47 names registered (41 with confirmed attendance so far) for our
http://jweekend.com/dev/LWUGReg/ London Wicket Event  on Wednesday evening,
we have only a few places left.
I can confirm that we are definitely going ahead despite the problems the
snow is causing. The airports should be open again tomorrow and other
transport will hopefully be back to usual service levels.
In the quite unlikely event that Daan or Jan have trouble with their flights
we will have plenty of Wicket topics to cover.

Regards - Cemal
http://www.jWeekend.co.uk jWeekend

Posted by jWeekend <jw...@cabouge.com>.
I'll be announcing a new initiative tonight to get a few developers together
one evening per week (or every two weeks), at jWeekend's office in London
NW6, to go through Wicket Jira issues. Al Maw and Richard Wilkinson have
already expressed an interest and we'd hope to get around 5-10 people
involved in these regular sessions for those who want to get deeper into
Wicket whilst making a small contribution to its development.

Anyway, Daan arrived at our offices yesterday afternoon and Jan has just
sent me an SMS saying he's boarding his flight, so, despite the severe
disruption to transport here in London over the last couple of days, it
looks like we will be running the event exactly as planned.

We have about 50 names down now with a few yet to confirm, so there are just
a couple of places left if you want to make a last minute
http://jweekend.com/dev/LWUGReg/ registration .

Posted by jWeekend <jw...@cabouge.com>.
We have a good understanding with the security staff and this will normally
not be an issue, although it is much better for us if people can get there
on time for 18:30 (and even a few minutes early so they can enjoy the Pizza
we have freshly delivered for our guests).

Send me a note (directly, via the jWeekend site or in reply to your
confirmation email) if you already know you are likely to be late and we'll
make a special arrangements with security so you are sure to get in.

Posted by kan <ka...@gmail.com>.