Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Diego Ceccarelli (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)" <dc...@bloomberg.net> on 2017/05/11 17:28:14 UTC

Support RankQuery in grouping

Hi All,
At the moment RankQueries [1]  are not supported when you perform grouping:
if you perform a ReRankQuery and ask for the groups, reranking will be ignored in the scoring.
In SOLR-8776, I added support for ReRankQueries in grouping and I opened a PR on github [2].
ReRankQueries are now supported in standalone and distribute mode, and I changed
the logic to rerank groups and not only documents (see the Jira item [3] for more details).

IMO the patch is now quite complete and I've working unit tests, so I was wondering if someone could review it :)
Thanks,
Diego

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Query+Re-Ranking
[2] https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/162