Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Willem Remie <w....@remsol.nl> on 2022/11/20 22:37:23 UTC

error Plc4xSubscribe example

Hi,

Although HelloPlc4xRead runs fine connected to an S7-300 the subscription example fails with following exception

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassCastException: class org.apache.plc4x.java.s7.readwrite.tag.S7Tag cannot be cast to class org.apache.plc4x.java.s7.readwrite.tag.S7SubscriptionTag (org.apache.plc4x.java.s7.readwrite.tag.S7Tag and org.apache.plc4x.java.s7.readwrite.tag.S7SubscriptionTag are in unnamed module of loader 'app')
               at org.apache.plc4x.java.s7.readwrite.protocol.S7ProtocolLogic.subscribe(S7ProtocolLogic.java:340)
               at org.apache.plc4x.java.spi.optimizer.BaseOptimizer.lambda$optimizedSubscribe$4(BaseOptimizer.java:120)
               at org.apache.plc4x.java.spi.optimizer.BaseOptimizer.send(BaseOptimizer.java:138)
               at org.apache.plc4x.java.spi.optimizer.BaseOptimizer.optimizedSubscribe(BaseOptimizer.java:120)
               at org.apache.plc4x.java.spi.connection.AbstractPlcConnection.subscribe(AbstractPlcConnection.java:183)
               at org.apache.plc4x.java.spi.messages.DefaultPlcSubscriptionRequest.execute(DefaultPlcSubscriptionRequest.java:65)
               at org.apache.plc4x.java.examples.helloplc4x.subscribe.HelloPlc4xSubscription.run(HelloPlc4xSubscription.java:63)
               at org.apache.plc4x.java.examples.helloplc4x.subscribe.HelloPlc4xSubscription.main(HelloPlc4xSubscription.java:98)

I’m having this issue for both develop as 0.10 branch. Just sending this for the record, I will try to debug later but if someone has a suggestion please let me know.

Regards,
Willem

Re: error Plc4xSubscribe example

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Willem,

that would be great … and I wanted to say … probably not post that on this public list. I can forward that to some more protected Lists and we can hand that out to people that are part of the project only.

Chris

From: Willem Remie <w....@remsol.nl>
Date: Monday, 21. November 2022 at 09:50
To: dev@plc4x.apache.org <de...@plc4x.apache.org>
Subject: RE: error Plc4xSubscribe example
Hi Chris,

I see, nice equipment to play around with though!

However, this makes things easier, I guess. We can just fire up a separate PLC4X OpenVPN server directly on our router and route both PLC/HMI. I can share the configs with you when finished?

Regards,
Willem

From: Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>
Date: Monday, 21. November 2022 at 09:33
To: dev@plc4x.apache.org <de...@plc4x.apache.org>
Subject: Re: error Plc4xSubscribe example Hi Willem,

that’s a very generous offer of you … thanks for that.

Unfortunately, I should probably take the VPN documentation offline as this was the state when I was still at codecentric.
I do have my own VPN equipment setup here, but all PLCs are now attached to my Fischertechnik factory and changes to the PLC programming could have mechanically fatal implications. So, I’m not giving out access to the public, like I did when there were just a bunch of PLCs hanging on a wall ;-)

The other thing is that the factory is very bright, so I tend to turn it off and only turn it on if I’m working on it. Using lightbulbs and photo-resistors does have its disadvantages over laser light barriers.

So, I guess we’d probably have to setup something new.

Chris

From: Willem Remie <w....@remsol.nl>
Date: Monday, 21. November 2022 at 09:18
To: dev@plc4x.apache.org <de...@plc4x.apache.org>
Subject: RE: error Plc4xSubscribe example Hi Chris,

Thanks for the suggestion. Now you bring hardware to the table I would like to offer our hardware to the project. I've seen a small VPN network which could be extended with the following hardware.
- S7314-C PN/DP
- TP700 Comfort

Currently I do approach these devices over OpenVPN myself as they are mounted on our development wall in the office. If desired, we could extend it with a site-to-site connection?

Regards,
Willem

Unfortunately, this is the only part of the S7 driver, I can’t help you with, as it requires hardware that I don’t have available.
I am sure Cesar, the author of the Subscription part of S7 will be able to help you.

As a first suggestion, I think you can’t just subscribe to changes of any normal PLC areas. I do think this is a completely different set of fields with a different syntax.

Chris

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Willem,

I sent an Invite.

Chris

From: Willem Remie <w....@remsol.nl>
Date: Tuesday, 22. November 2022 at 12:08
To: dev@plc4x.apache.org <de...@plc4x.apache.org>
Hi Cesar,

Thanks for your response and willingness to help.

I'm using the example provided `HelloPlc4xSubscription --connection-string s7://10.15.72.50 --tag-addresses %DB1:0:WORD`

Currently the following setup is installed at our office;
- CPU 314C-2 PN/DP      (10.15.72.50)
- CP 343-1 Lean         (10.15.72.51)
- TP700 Comfort (10.15.72.52)

We are working to setup VPN such that we can grant you access. I will send the configuration separately once finished. Chris could you please add me to the Slack channel as well?

Regards,
Willem

To help me with the details, Can  you place the code that you are using for the subscription?.

I will test it with a S7-400 CPU, so I will need the model and firmware version of your CPU in order to keep track.

Grateful for your support.

--
*CEOS Automatización, C.A.*
*GALPON SERVICIO INDUSTRIALES Y NAVALES FA, C.A.,* *PISO 1, OFICINA 2, AV. RAUL LEONI, SECTOR GUAMACHITO,*

*FRENTE A LA ASOCIACION DE GANADEROS,BARCELONA,EDO. ANZOATEGUI* *Ing. César García*

*Cel: +58 414-760.98.95*

*Hotline Técnica SIEMENS: 0800 1005080*

*Email: support.aan.automation@siemens.com
<su...@siemens.com>*