Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Arnab Ganguly <ag...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/07 11:24:25 UTC

[users@httpd] Query on MaxRequestperChild

Hi All,
I have made the MaxRequestsPerChild set to zero but I still see the child
process to getting killed by either SIGBUS (10) or SIGSEV(11) and apache
launches a new daemon.This happens approximately if it gets hit by 10000
request with 800 concurrent users.Looking forward for response.
Thanks
-A

Re: [users@httpd] Query on MaxRequestperChild

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 5/7/07, Arnab Ganguly <ag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have made the MaxRequestsPerChild set to zero but I still see the child
> process to getting killed by either SIGBUS (10) or SIGSEV(11) and apache
> launches a new daemon.This happens approximately if it gets hit by 10000
> request with 800 concurrent users.Looking forward for response.

Apache does not use SIGBUS or SIGSEV to control its child processes.
These signals indicate a flaw in apache or (more likely) a module you
have included. To debug them, you'll need a backtrace from a core
dump. See:
http://httpd.apache.org/dev/debugging.html#crashes

Joshua.