Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/03 23:20:44 UTC

[VOTE] Release Pivot 1.2 RC3

All:

The Pivot 1.2 RC3 release candidate has been tagged, packaged, and is ready
for a vote. The artifacts, RAT reports, KEYS file, and release notes can be
found at http://people.apache.org/~tvolkert/dist/pivot/v1.2-rc3/.  The tag
from which the release artifacts were generated can be found at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/pivot/tags/v1.2-rc3/.

In addition, my PGP public code signing key can be found at the MIT key
server (http://pgp.mit.edu/) and The SKS key server (
http://www.pramberger.at/peter/services/keyserver/).

Notes that the JUnit tests included in the source distribution are compiled
as part of the build process but are not automatically run (the same was
true of the 1.1 release).  This will be addressed in the 1.3 release (see
PIVOT-131).

Please vote to publish this release by Monday, June 8 18:00 GMT (allowing
extra time because the normal voting period ends on a weekend).  In so
doing, please include the testing you performed to arrive at your vote.

[  ] +1 Publish
[  ] +0
[  ] -0
[  ] -1 Don't publish (specify why)

Upon a positive majority of binding votes and no binding vetoes, the results
of this vote will be brought to the Incubator PMC and voted upon there.

Thanks,
-T

Re: [VOTE] Release Pivot 1.2 RC3

Posted by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com>.
+1

Here's what I tested:

   - Verified all MD5, SHA, and PGP signatures against the artifacts
   - Verified that the contents of the tar.gz artifacts matched that of the
   zip artifacts
   - Verified that the contents of the source distribution matched that of
   the SVN tag exactly
   - Verified that the source distribution compiles against the following
   environments without error (checked all compile targets listed in the BUILD
   file):
      - Linux x64 - Sun JDK 1.6
      - Linux x64 - Sun JDK 1.7
      - Linux x64 - OpenJDK 1.6
      - Windows x86 - Sun JDK 1.6
   - Inspected source and binary distribution RAT reports:
      - Checked that all files were properly licensed
      - Checked that all non-Pivot jars were covered by the NOTICE file
   - Ran some sample applications against the binary distribution
      - The HTTPClient included in the tools jar
      - The tutorial demo on my local system
   - Browsed the Javadocs in the binary distribution
   - Tried to build against JDK1.5 to verify proper failure
   - Verified that the issues brought up with the RC1 candidate have been
   fixed
      - The README and RELEASE-NOTES have been updated
      - The project folder is no longer included in the release
   - Verified that the issues brought up with the RC2 candidate have been
   fixed
      - The demos and demos-package targets have the proper dependencies
      - The doc and install targets run without error on Windows

-T

Re: [VOTE] Release Pivot 1.2 RC3

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 5:13 PM, Martijn Dashorst
<ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1

+1

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er
I  work here; http://tinyurl.com/2ymelc
I relax here; http://tinyurl.com/2cgsug

Re: [VOTE] Release Pivot 1.2 RC3

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

Martijn

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 11:20 PM, Todd Volkert<tv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> All:
>
> The Pivot 1.2 RC3 release candidate has been tagged, packaged, and is ready
> for a vote. The artifacts, RAT reports, KEYS file, and release notes can be
> found at http://people.apache.org/~tvolkert/dist/pivot/v1.2-rc3/.  The tag
> from which the release artifacts were generated can be found at
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/pivot/tags/v1.2-rc3/.
>
> In addition, my PGP public code signing key can be found at the MIT key
> server (http://pgp.mit.edu/) and The SKS key server (
> http://www.pramberger.at/peter/services/keyserver/).
>
> Notes that the JUnit tests included in the source distribution are compiled
> as part of the build process but are not automatically run (the same was
> true of the 1.1 release).  This will be addressed in the 1.3 release (see
> PIVOT-131).
>
> Please vote to publish this release by Monday, June 8 18:00 GMT (allowing
> extra time because the normal voting period ends on a weekend).  In so
> doing, please include the testing you performed to arrive at your vote.
>
> [  ] +1 Publish
> [  ] +0
> [  ] -0
> [  ] -1 Don't publish (specify why)
>
> Upon a positive majority of binding votes and no binding vetoes, the results
> of this vote will be brought to the Incubator PMC and voted upon there.
>
> Thanks,
> -T

Apache Wicket 1.3.5 is released

Re: [VOTE] Release Pivot 1.2 RC3

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Noel,

> Built "ant doc" and got the following warning, although it appeared to
> complete OK.
>  [javadoc] Constructing Javadoc information...
>  [javadoc] javadoc: warning - Error fetching URL:
> http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/package-list
> Java 6 has a known issue with correctly picking up the system proxy
> information, so that it the most likely cause of this.
I had the same problem also on my environment (Win XP as you), but
without a proxy, so the problem could be another ... if can help, in
the rat report for the binary distribution i've seen a warning on a
file, could something related to this ... in any case this is the
file:

 !????? apache-pivot-1.2-incubating/doc/package-list

Bye,
Sandro

Re: [VOTE] Release Pivot 1.2 RC3

Posted by Noel Grandin <no...@gmail.com>.
Sorry I've been so quiet lately - sickness and family stuff to take care
of :-(

+1 on the 1.2RC3 build.

On my MacBook:
  verified that it does, indeed, not build because I don't have a 32-bit
JDK6 :-)

On my windows XP box:

Downloaded, run build script, discovered that my version of any was too old.
Upgraded ANT.
I suggest that we check the "ant.version" property at the beginning of
the build process - I'll log a feature request for this.

Verified the various build targets.

Built "ant doc" and got the following warning, although it appeared to
complete OK.
  [javadoc] Constructing Javadoc information...
  [javadoc] javadoc: warning - Error fetching URL:
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/package-list
Java 6 has a known issue with correctly picking up the system proxy
information, so that it the most likely cause of this.

Regards,
  Noel Grandin

Re: [VOTE] Release Pivot 1.2 RC3

Posted by Christopher Brind <br...@brindy.org.uk>.
+1

Sorry for the delay - been fairly busy at home and the time I sent aside for
this today got wiped out when the wife decided she wanted to see Terminator:
Salvation ;-)

Just did a quick one this time, I'm afraid:

- Downloaded
http://people.apache.org/~tvolkert/dist/pivot/v1.2-rc3/apache-pivot-1.2-incubating-src.zip
- Verified SHA
- Downloaded
http://people.apache.org/~tvolkert/dist/pivot/v1.2-rc3/apache-pivot-1.2-incubating.tar.gz
- Verified SHA
- Unzipped
http://people.apache.org/~tvolkert/dist/pivot/v1.2-rc3/apache-pivot-1.2-incubating.tar.gz
- ran ant install
- Ran Clock Demo
- Ran Decorator Demo

Cheers,
Chris

Re: [VOTE] Release Pivot 1.2 RC3

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi to all,

My vote is +1 .

Test done in my environment (Windows XP SP3 + Jdk 6u12 + Internet
Explorer 6 + Firefox 3.0.10):
- checked md5 of apache-pivot-1.2-incubating.zip and
apache-pivot-1.2-incubating-src.zip
- reviewed decompressed artifact contents
- inspected source RAT reports
- review root files (README, BUILD, etc)

- ant tasks: ant, ant clean, ant doc
- ant tasks: ant dist, verified md5 of generated zip/tar.gz, then ant clean
- ant tasks: ant install, verified md5 of generated zip/tar.gz, then ant clean
- ant tasks: ant clean, ant install, ant dist

- test some JavaDoc pages

- copy the two stax jars to the lib subdir
- set the CLASSPATH environment for my run tests, and then run some
tutorials and some demos as Applications, like:
java pivot.wtk.DesktopApplicationContext  pivot.tutorials.Demo
java pivot.wtk.DesktopApplicationContext
pivot.tutorials.stocktracker.StockTracker
java pivot.wtk.DesktopApplicationContext  pivot.demos.clock.Demo
java pivot.wtk.DesktopApplicationContext  pivot.demos.roweditor.Demo

Then, tried to execute the same applications also from the binary zip,
so before i have to rename the jars removing the -incubating, and then
all works good.
I have to copy inside the lib dir also the pivot-tutorials.jar and
pivot-demos.jar, generated from source distribution.

Bye,
Sandro

Re: [VOTE] Release Pivot 1.2 RC3

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
+1. Here's what I did:

- Reviewed RAT report

- Downloaded:
  apache-pivot-1.2-incubating-src.tar.gz
  apache-pivot-1.2-incubating-src.tar.gz.md5
  apache-pivot-1.2-incubating.tar.gz
  apache-pivot-1.2-incubating.tar.gz.md5

- Verified checksums
- Uncompressed downloaded archives

- Ran install target on downloaded source
- Copied StAX JARs to generated lib directory
- Verified execution of Kitchen Sink demo in a web browser

- Removed "-incubating" from all JARs in binary distribution lib directory
- Copied StAX JARs to binary lib directory
- Copied built demos and tutorials JARs to binary lib directory
- Verified execution of Kitchen Sink demo in a web browser

- Reviewed decompressed artifact contents

- Reviewed release documents