Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Ramayan Tiwari <ra...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/10 18:50:52 UTC

Problems with setting up Qpid Java in Eclipse

Hi All,

I have been trying to setup my dev environment for Qpid Java [1] using
Eclipse and I have not been successful yet. Following are the approaches I
tried so far:

*1. Using Maven pom.xml to import projects*
a) After getting the source, I do File -> Import -> Import Maven Project
b) Select the root Qpid source directory (pom.xml is present here)
c) Now I get eclipse pop up saying "No marketplace entries found to handle
maven-antrun-plugin:1.7:run in Eclipse."
d) I ignore that and hit Finish. Now almost all the projects has "Maven
Project Build Lifecycle Mapping Problem"
e) When I right click on the problem and select Quick Fix, I get the option
to "Mark goal run as ignored" or "Permanently mark goal run in pom.xml as
ignored". Not sure what is the right way here.

*2. Using mvn eclipse:eclipse to generate project configurations*
a) After getting source, I did
     mvn clean install -DskipTests (2 json related tests in systests are
failing due to long path)
     mvn eclipse:eclipse
b) mvn workspace generation fails, and after some reading I realized its
not supported anymore.
c) Now, I am able to import these projects using File -> Import -> General
-> Existing Projects into Workspace and select root source directory.
d) Now I get one project "qpid-java-build", and it has all the other
projects as subfolder. Since its showing me everything (bin, target
folders), I don't think the setup is correct.

I am using Eclipse Mars.2.

I also tried to use IntelliJ and there were no issues with it. However,
since all the developers in my team use Eclipse, we need a way to figure
out setting up the project in Eclipse. Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks
Ramayan

[1]. http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/java/tags/6.0.2/