Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com> on 2012/10/29 16:54:07 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Felix Metatype Service 1.0.6

Hi,

Here is the Apache Felix Metatype Service 1.0.6 release implementing the most recent MetaType Service Specification Version 1.2.

The issues completed in this release are listed in the release notes at (also attached at the end of this message):
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310100&version=12314144

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachefelix-177/

You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the signatures:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/check_staged_release.sh

Usage:
sh check_staged_release.sh 177 /tmp/felix-staging

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Release
[ ] -1 Don't release, because ...

Regards
Felix

** Bug
* [FELIX-2094] - AttributeDefinition with an empty default value
                 must attribute must result in a single (empty
                 string) entry string array
* [FELIX-2097] - DefaultMetaTypeProvider.getLocales() must not
                 reuturn an empty string entry
* [FELIX-2860] - getLocales() in DefaultMetaTypeProvider needs
                 to check return of findEntries
* [FELIX-2867] - getIcon() in LocalizedObjectClassDefinition keyset
                 iteration incorrect
* [FELIX-2868] - Icon only works if absolute path specified, but
                 specification allows for relative urls
* [FELIX-3183] - Attribute requirement is not validated
* [FELIX-3364] - MetaDataReader exposes a private exception class on
                 the public API
* [FELIX-3720] - Designate's pid attribute is optional and not mandatory
* [FELIX-3730] - AD.validate of string attributes must validate the
                 string length
* [FELIX-3732] - service.pid properties of ManagedServiceFactory services
                 must be used as factory PIDs
* [FELIX-3734] - MetaType: NPE in ServiceTracker for fragment bundle
** Improvement
* [FELIX-3167] - Add support for new PASSWORD attribute type
* [FELIX-3338] - Add support for optional attributes in the
                 MetaDataReader as defined in the XML schema for metatype
* [FELIX-3736] - Add support for MetaTypeProvider service modifications
* [FELIX-3740] - Maintain the MetaTypeProvider service tracker on the
                 MetaTypeService
** New Feature
* [FELIX-2719] - Add name space support to the meta type implementation
** Task
* [FELIX-2096] - Check MetaTypeProvider.getObjectClassDefinition(String,
                 String) specification compliance
* [FELIX-3182] - Update to use parent POM 2.1
* [FELIX-3184] - Add support for metatype extension by MetatypeProvider services
* [FELIX-3731] - Multi-Value service.pid service properties must be supported
* [FELIX-3733] - Clarify icon location

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Felix Metatype Service 1.0.6

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
+1

Regards
Felix

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
+1 (non-binding)

Cursory testing in my application looks good.

Thanks a lot, Felix!

Jeremias Maerki

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
+1

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Felix Metatype Service 1.0.6

Posted by Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (non binding)

Regards
JB

On 10/29/2012 04:54 PM, Felix Meschberger wrote:
> [...]
> ** Improvement
> * [FELIX-3167] - Add support for new PASSWORD attribute type
> * [FELIX-3338] - Add support for optional attributes in the
>                   MetaDataReader as defined in the XML schema for metatype
> * [FELIX-3736] - Add support for MetaTypeProvider service modifications
> * [FELIX-3740] - Maintain the MetaTypeProvider service tracker on the
>                   MetaTypeService
> ** New Feature
> * [FELIX-2719] - Add name space support to the meta type implementation
> ** Task
> * [FELIX-2096] - Check MetaTypeProvider.getObjectClassDefinition(String,
>                   String) specification compliance
> * [FELIX-3182] - Update to use parent POM 2.1
> * [FELIX-3184] - Add support for metatype extension by MetatypeProvider services
> * [FELIX-3731] - Multi-Value service.pid service properties must be supported

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Felix Metatype Service 1.0.6

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
Hi

Time to tally the vote:

  +1 Felix Meschberger*, Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Jeremias Maerki,
     Clement Escoffier*, Carsten Ziegeler*, Pierre De Rop
   0 -
  -1 -

This vote thus passes with  6 +1 (3 of which binding) votes. No other votes have been cast.

I will proceed with the publication process.

Posted by Pierre De Rop <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi

+1 (non binding)

thanks