Posted to user@geode.apache.org by Nikhil Chandrappa <nc...@pivotal.io> on 2016/08/14 14:59:44 UTC

Recommendations on Logs and Stats disk utilization

Hi,

Are there any recommendations/best practices around disk utilization for
logs and stats file in Gemfire?

We are specifically looking recommendations for following properties of
Gemfire,

--log-file-size-limit
--log-disk-space-limit
--archive-disk-space-limit
--archive-file-size-limit

Thanks,
Nikhil

--

*Nikhil Chandrappa *| Data Engineer | New York

(315) 396 - 3789 | nchandrappa@pivotal.io | Pivotal Software Inc.
<http://www.pivotal.io/>

Re: Recommendations on Logs and Stats disk utilization

Posted by Nikhil Chandrappa <nc...@pivotal.io>.
Thanks Udo.. that helps !

We did not have disk monitoring enabled and someone had accidentally
changed logging to fine. This caused the data volume to fill up and caused
all sorts of issues.

We have enabled disk monitoring and configured log/stats disk utilization
properties.

~ Nikhil

Posted by Udo Kohlmeyer <uk...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Nikhil,