Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "ahgt sur laposte.net" <ah...@laposte.net> on 2005/06/26 23:24:30 UTC

RE : [REPOST] i18n (M1 or M2): how to set llinks () whith language dependant href

No relative path for the links... I just put the "/" by mistake in the
mail.

Thaks for M2 architecture.
I will try it...
What is "apt" and ".apt" ?

Antoine

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On Sun, 2005-06-26 at 23:24 +0200, ahgt sur laposte.net wrote:
> No relative path for the links... I just put the "/" by mistake in the
> mail.
>
> Thaks for M2 architecture.
> I will try it...
> What is "apt" and ".apt" ?

APT = Almost Plain Text

> Antoine

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

Our achievements speak for themselves. What we have to keep track
of are our failures, discouragements and doubts. We tend to forget
the past difficulties, the many false starts, and the painful
groping. We see our past achievements as the end result of a
clean forward thrust, and our present difficulties as
signs of decline and decay.

 -- Eric Hoffer, Reflections on the Human Condition

Re: Site building : "VM #menuItem: error"

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

ahgt sur laposte.net wrote:
> Hello,
> When building the site (m2 site:site), with simple site.xml and .apt
> files, I've got an error (see here under).
> For "VM #menuItem"...
> What is VM (virtual machine).

VM = Velocity Macro

> Where this error comes from ?
> Is there a way to know which line in which file ?
>
> [INFO] [site:site]
> [INFO] Velocimacro : added new VM : #banner( id ) : source =
> org/apache/maven/doxia/maven-site.vm
> [INFO] Velocimacro : added new VM : #links( ) : source =
> org/apache/maven/doxia/maven-site.vm
> [INFO] Velocimacro : added new VM : #menuItem( item ) : source =
> org/apache/maven/doxia/maven-site.vm
> [INFO] Velocimacro : added new VM : #mainMenu( ) : source =
> org/apache/maven/doxia/maven-site.vm
> [ERROR] VM #menuItem: error : too few arguments to macro. Wanted 1 got 0

I'm not sure it's really an error because the generation works.
I have the same message, but I don't see errors i the velocity template,
if you want to check it, it's there :
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven/components/trunk/maven-plugins/maven-site-plugin/src/main/resources/org/apache/maven/doxia/maven-site.vm?rev=180101&view=markup

Emmanuel

RE : RE : RE : RE : [REPOST] i18n (M1 or M2): how to set llinks () whith language dependant href

Posted by "antoine.h sur laposte.net" <an...@laposte.net>.
Done, and it works fine.
Thanks
Antoine

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
Hi Antoine,

Posted by "ahgt sur laposte.net" <ah...@laposte.net>.
Hello,

Trying to build a web site with M2

When you say (see post here under):
+- src/
    +- site/
       +- apt/
       |  +- fr/
       |  |  +- index.apt  (French version)
       |  +- index.apt     (Default version)
       +- site.xml
       +- fr/
       |  +- apt/
       |  |  +- index.apt  (French version)
       +- site.xml         (Default site descriptor)
       +- site_fr.xml      (French site descriptor)

It looks strange to me : two site.xml under site/ ? Etc...
On the web site, there is no i18n folder structure shown.
Could you explain this more ?
Or tell where to find the doc (if yet ready) ?
I can't get the french version of the web site.

Thank you
Antoine

> in the content of a page, I want to set a link to another page of the
> site.
>
> in the about page, I want to say : "Go and see the <a
> href="/licence.html">licence</a>."
>
> but then, the href="/licence.html" goes only to the default language
> page.
>
> When in the fr language page, I would like to have
> href="/fr/licence.html" like with the navigation.xml file.

Why do you not use relative path for your link?

> How can i do that ?
> use <item> in de <document> tag of the xdoc content file ? use some
> jelly code (if current_language is XX then ...) ? built in function
> yet in the xdoc plugin ?
>
> will this be the same way in M2 ?

In m2, all translated sites are totally independant.

We don't use properties for define menu items or contents, each language

  have its site descriptor and its content directory.

+- src/
    +- site/
       +- apt/
       |  +- fr/