Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com> on 2004/01/05 18:36:43 UTC

Sandbox build process

In my efforts to unify the Sandbox build process, I have made a start
using some new Ant 1.6 features (<import> and <subant>).  While I'm
familiar with the please-don't-make-me-upgrade effect, it is well worth
it for the sandbox and will bring a lot of consistency to the projects
that live there, and with such consistency and a build that can package
all the sandbox projects into a single distribution and run all the
unit tests we can bring more visibility to the hidden gems there.

Upgrade to Ant 1.6 if you are running sandbox builds.  If this is a
hardship for anyone, please let me know and we can maintain the old
build files with different names - but hopefully upgrading is not a big
deal.  To clarify - Ant 1.6 is currently only a requirement for the
sandbox, not the core.

As I mentioned before - one of the goals is to be able to build a
consolidated sandbox distribution that we can ship either embedded with
each Lucene release or as a sibling to it and ensure the sandbox
codebase stays current with the latest Lucene codebase.

	Erik