Posted to user@beehive.apache.org by Nicolas Duminilnicolas <ni...@calyon.com> on 2006/11/27 15:29:44 UTC

How can I use a jpf in a JBoss Portal based JSR168 portlet ?

Hi,

I'm developing a portal based on the JBoss Portal Server and trying to
use Beehive. In a JSP using NetUI tags, I doing the following:

  <netui:form

    action="<portlet:actionURL><portlet:param name="page"
value="mainview"/></portlet:actionURL>"

It doesn' work and raises "org.apache.jasper.JasperException: equal
symbol expected". The tag "<protlet:actionURL .../>" doesn't seem to be
supported by the action parameter of the netui:form.

How could I use netUI tags in my JSPs exposed as JSR168 portlets in a
JBoss portal ?

Many thanks in advance.

Nicolas

Re: How can I use a jpf in a JBoss Portal based JSR168 portlet ?

Posted by Carlin Rogers <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nicolas,

I don't think you want to combine the <netui:form> tag and tags from
the portlet taglib. Both the <netui:form> and <portlet:actionURL> tag
generate the URL it will post to. The NetUI tags are designed to
support a portal framework that uses request scoping and a URL
rewriter to make names unique and target a particular portlet. There's
a little information about this in the following wiki page.

http://wiki.apache.org/beehive/Design/PortletScoping

Does an HTML <form> with the <portlet:actionURL> tag work?

Regards,
Carlin