Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Clint Wylie <cw...@apache.org> on 2019/05/01 22:20:21 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Druid (incubating) 0.14.1 [RC1]

Hi IPMC,

The Apache Druid community has voted on and approved a proposal to release
Apache Druid (incubating) 0.14.1 (rc1).

We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this
incubator release.

Project description: Apache Druid (incubating) is a high performance
analytics data store for event-driven data.

The community voting thread can be found here:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/8f341dffae962d34d514379862b7388d43fe9988f3f502762190af13@%3Cdev.druid.apache.org%3E

The release notes are available here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-druid/issues/7553

The release candidate has been tagged in GitHub as
druid-0.14.1-incubating-rc1 (e8a8816), available here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-druid/releases/tag/druid-0.14.1-incubating-rc1

The artifacts to be voted on are located here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/druid/0.14.1-incubating-rc1/

A staged Maven repository is available for review at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedruid-1004/

Release artifacts are signed with the key:
https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/cwylie.asc

This key and the key of other committers can also be found in the project's
KEYS file here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/druid/KEYS

As part of the validation process, the release artifacts can be generated
from source by running:
mvn clean install -Papache-release,dist

The RAT license check can be run from source by:
mvn apache-rat:check -Prat

This vote will be open for at least 72 hours. The vote will pass if a
majority of at least three +1 IPMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Druid (incubating) 0.14.1
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

Thank you IPMC! We appreciate your efforts in helping the Apache Druid
community to validate this release.

Apache Druid (incubating) is an effort undergoing incubation at The Apache
Software Foundation (ASF), sponsored by the Apache Incubator. Incubation is
required of all newly accepted projects until a further review indicates
that the infrastructure, communications, and decision making process have
stabilized in a manner consistent with other successful ASF projects. While
incubation status is not necessarily a reflection of the completeness or
stability of the code, it does indicate that the project has yet to be
fully endorsed by the ASF.

Cheers,
Clint

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Druid (incubating) 0.14.1 [RC1]

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

+1 (binding)

Could compile
Signatures and hashes are correct
LICENSE, NOTICE and DISCLAIMER are OK.
ASF Headers are OK.

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI

Posted by Clint Wylie <cj...@gmail.com>.
No worries, thanks for the update! I'll add that to the set of things I'm
going to try to replicate any build issues and help make things smoother.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Clint Wylie <cj...@gmail.com>.
Thank you everyone for reviewing and voting on the release candidate! I'll
start a vote result thread and begin to prepare for a release soon.

> I got some test failures:

org.apache.druid.storage.s3.TestAWSCredentialsProvider.testWithFileSessionCredentials(org.apache.druid.storage.s3.TestAWSCredentialsProvider)
>   Run 1: TestAWSCredentialsProvider.testWithFileSessionCredentials:98

Thanks for mentioning this Julian, currently I think the AWS_DEFAULT_REGION
environment variable needs to be set for the S3 unit tests to work
correctly, I will try to find a solution for this for the next release, or
at least try to document it better.

> - Could compile (with some difficultly it took several attempts - so I
think the build order may not be correct?)

Justin, what were the issues you ran into when compiling so we can be sure
to clear it up for the next release? I know -Prat can cause issues if the
directory isn't clean, but did even a plain 'mvn clean install' give you
trouble? I will also try in a totally clean environment to see if I run
into any problems.

Posted by Brian Young <by...@gmail.com>.
This is very much a threat that is be forwarded  to the proper person along
with other docs.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Downloaded; checked sigs and hashes, LICENSE, NOTICE and DISCLAIMER;
compiled under JDK 8 on Linux; checked that release contains the same
code as the corresponding git commit; ran RAT.

Caveats:
* I did not inspect the -bin.tar.gz file.
* I got some test failures:
org.apache.druid.storage.s3.TestAWSCredentialsProvider.testWithFileSessionCredentials(org.apache.druid.storage.s3.TestAWSCredentialsProvider)
  Run 1: TestAWSCredentialsProvider.testWithFileSessionCredentials:98
» SdkClient Unabl...

Julian