Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by J Ramesh Kumar <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/06 07:20:56 UTC

Help on Cassandra Limitaions

Hi,

http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/CassandraLimitations

In the above link, I found the below limitation,

"The maximum number of cells (rows x columns) in a single partition is 2
billion.".

Here what does "partition" mean ? Is it node (or) column family (or)
anything else ?

Thanks,
Ramesh

Re: Help on Cassandra Limitaions

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.
Also, Sylvain, you have couple of great posts about relationships between
CQL3/Thrift entities and naming issues:

http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/cql3-for-cassandra-experts
http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/thrift-to-cql3

I always refer to them when I get confuse :)

Regards,
Shahab

Posted by Hannu Kröger <hk...@gmail.com>.
Hi,