Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Peter Lynch <pe...@mindspring.com> on 2003/01/25 09:42:24 UTC

appserver plugin overhaul

Hi team,

I am getting around to cleaning up the appserver plugin. Currently the appserver
plugin resides inside the J2EE plugin project. The appserver plugin as u
remember has to do with installing and controlling application server instances
( ie. Tomcat ). It does not try to make war files or install web applications
into application servers.

As part of the cleanup I think it would be best to move it into its own plugin
space in the plugins-build/appserver directory.

Yes it could be said that it is J2EE related, however I feel the J2EE plugin has
caused enough confusion for people that culling the appserver stuff out of there
would help reduce the clutter in J2EE.

Any objections?

-Peter