Posted to builds@apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2010/06/04 13:35:38 UTC

Gump Description on ci.apache.org

Hi,

we'd like to get a blurb on Gump added to ci.apache.org.

Stefan

This is what we came up with:

Apache Gump is a cross-project continuous integration server. It is
different from "usual" CI servers in that it expects the individual
project builds to succeed; its purpose is to check the integration of a
project with the latest code rather than a fixed version of the
project's dependencies. If you want a more traditional nightly build
server Gump is not for you. Use Gump if you want to know when a change
in your dependencies breaks your project or when your changes break
other projects.

Gump is written in Python and supports several build tools (shell
scripts, GNU make, Ant, Maven 1.x and 2.x and NAnt) and version control
systems (svn, CVS, git, bzr, hg, darcs and Perforce). The Apache
installation of Gump builds many ASF projects and their dependencies. It
started in the Java part of the foundation but also builds projects like
APR, HTTPd and log4net.

RE: Gump Description on ci.apache.org

Posted by "Gav..." <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Sure, done.