Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Manoj Kasichainula <ma...@raleigh.ibm.com> on 1999/06/22 01:14:41 UTC

Hybrid server ported to MPM

On Sat, Jun 19, 1999 at 03:37:48PM -0700, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Jun 1999, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:
> > Which I'm hoping to have ready soon. I'm attempting to port the
> > http_main.c from the apache-apr repository to Dean's framework.
> > (mpm_mpmt.c?).

Here's a patch:

http://www.io.com/~manoj/patch/mpm_mpmt-1.patch.gz

Other than mod_mpmt.c, the other added files are the same as the
apache-apr versions except for a couple of search-and-replaces for the
unixd stuff. The USE_ACCEPT_QUEUE accept model doesn't work, but
adding fdqueue.c might be enough for that. If this model is kept and
used, maybe (or maybe not) the accept queue stuff should be split into
its own MPM.

Right now mpm_mpmt.c #includes the other .c files it needs. Once the
MPM configuration stuff is hammered down more, this can be fixed.

Any objections before commit?

> mpm_pthread_mpmt ?  dunno, your call.  There could be a mpmt model on
> windows now that Bill seems to have figured out how to force windows to
> allow multiple processes to accept() on the same socket.

It's still called mpm_mpmt.c, but s/mpmt/pthread_mpmt/g on the patch
would fix that quickly enough.  pthread_mpmt sounds good to me. I
don't care too much what it's called; mpm_pmpmpmpm would be fine too.

--
Manoj Kasichainula - manojk@raleigh.ibm.com
IBM, Apache Development