Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Tommaso Nuccio <to...@fwctc.com> on 2005/12/14 15:58:42 UTC

JSPViewProcessor - Problem finding template

Hi all,

I have two systems, development and live.
On the development system I wrote a testing portlet, that checks different
configurations on the live system (I have no access there, only the companies
web server guys can. It's a bottleneck and I am not too happy about it, but
that's the way it is. So I have to solve problems remotely!)

The thing is that the test portlet works on the development system, but when
deployed to the live system, I can choose the portlet and add it to a menu
pane or whatever, but the portlet template itself is not found and I get the
error:
(Thread.java:534) JSPViewProcessor: Could not include the following JSP Page:
[ConfigurationTest.jsp] : Error encountered processing a
template:/portlets/html/ConfigurationTest.jsp

Why? Does that have to do with the configuration? The location of the file is
correct.
Any hints and suggestions are more than welcome.

Many thanks in advance,
  Tommaso

Re: JSPViewProcessor - Problem finding template

Posted by Tommaso Nuccio <to...@fwctc.com>.
Stefano Bianchi <stefano.bianchi <at> softeco.it> writes:

> Dear Tommaso,
> I experienced the same problem trying to deploy jsp portlet through
> administration tool on J1.5.
> As a result, a second deploy (deploy -> test -> "not found" -> remove
> portlet -> RESTART TOMCAT -> redeploy (include portet) -> test) seemed to
> work quite fine. It seems like Tomcat does not want you to add a jsp portlet
> directly... maybe tech guys can solve it better...
> Cheers,
> Stefano
>
> P.S. For italian guys only  (fastest way to share informations) :
> sostanzialmente, dopo aver creato la jsp, prova a riavviare Tomcat e a
> reincludere la jsp nel psml dell'utente...
> Ciao

Ciao Stefano,

yes, this is actually what I encountered on the development server. Once in a
while restart the system. The problem is, that I don't have any access to the
live system! Its physical location is some miles from here!!!
They will try the restart scenario. I hope that does it. Unfortunately the
tech guys do not have any knowledge concerning programming, they are just
responsible for backening the systems.

Ciao,
  Tommaso

P.S:
Sono diversi problemi che ho con il sistema "live". Questo é solo un piccolo
problema. Spero di trovare una soluzione, perché  sono l'unico che sta qui a
programmare. E un po dura la situazione. Scusa, se scrivo male l'italiano,
pero dopo tanti anni in germania, mi dimentico...

Re: JSPViewProcessor - Problem finding template