Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Mauricio Silveira <ma...@livreti.com.br> on 2023/03/06 04:17:18 UTC

Purpose of ssh-agent

Hi.

I know what ssh-agent does, but I'm not sure of what is the purpose of
the ssh-agent implementation in guacd...

Before sending this e-mail, I tried "SSH Agent for Google Chrome"
extension, but it didn't work.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ssh-agent-for-google-chro/eechpbnaifiimgajnomdipfaamobdfha/related?hl=en

How exactly am I supposed to take advantage use of this feature if not
via browser?

Re: Purpose of ssh-agent

Posted by Michael Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Mar 5, 2023, 8:17 PM Mauricio Silveira <ma...@livreti.com.br>
wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I know what ssh-agent does, but I'm not sure of what is the purpose of
> the ssh-agent implementation in guacd...
>
> Before sending this e-mail, I tried "SSH Agent for Google Chrome"
> extension, but it didn't work.
>

> https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ssh-agent-for-google-chro/eechpbnaifiimgajnomdipfaamobdfha/related?hl=en
>

> How exactly am I supposed to take advantage use of this feature if not
> via browser?

The feature allows you to continue leveraging the credentials used for your
SSH connection when using the "ssh" command-line client from within that
connection.

IIRC, it also requires a patched libssh2 for that support to have any
effect.

- Mike