Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Nicolas Bouillon <ni...@bouil.org> on 2010/11/22 22:34:57 UTC

Hot reloading and mvn:gae:run

Hi,

I use tapestry for more than one year now, and I'm very pleased with. I use
it daily at work with mvn jetty:run and I much appreciate hot class
reloading for pages and components.

But at home I'm trying to use it to develop a Google App Engine Application,
and I use the maven plugin net.kindleit:maven-gae-plugin with the target mvn
gae:run.

The hot reload is not working, because this plugin  doesn't work the same
way as jetty:run : it assemble the war in a directory and run from there.

Did anybody get the hot component reloading working in that configuration ?

Thanks.

Nicolas.

Re: Hot reloading and mvn:gae:run

Posted by Nicolas Bouillon <ni...@bouil.org>.
To solve my issue, I've added a custom ant builder to Eclipse that copy the
target/classes folder to the target/myapp/WEB-INF/classes folder, and then
the tapestry hot reload of classes and resources works.

It works, but I have to trigger my custom builder manually with Ctrl-B
(build project), because it is not runned automatically.