Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Patrick Hesse <in...@patrick-hesse.de> on 2007/05/11 17:38:39 UTC

Re: T5 - Adding modify/delete actions to a Grid

Hello,

i think i have a solution for Option 2 (extend the default BeanModel)

1.) in your ControllerClass add this code:

	@Inject
	private BeanModelSource _modelSource;
	@Inject
	private ComponentResources _resources;

	public BeanModel getModelForGrid()	{
		PropertyConduit pc = new ActionPC();
		BeanModel result = _modelSource.create(User.class, false, _resources);
		result.add("Action", pc);
		result.get("Action").order(result.getPropertyNames().size()-1);
		return result;
	}

2.) create a class that implements the PropertyConduit Interface

class ActionPC implements PropertyConduit {
	public Object get(Object arg0) {return "";}
	public Class getPropertyType() {return String.class;}
	public void set(Object arg0, Object arg1) {}
	public <T extends Annotation> T getAnnotation(Class<T> arg0) {return null;}
}

3.) in your template reference the Model to your Function
model="ModelForGrid">

i dont know, if this all correct, but it's the solution for my problem.

have a nice Weekend
Patrick Hesse