Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk> on 2007/09/07 16:59:45 UTC

can war file be deleted?

Hi,

I put a war file into webapps and it got unpacked and accessible from the
browser. can I delete the war file after that? I notice if I delete it, the
unpacked directory will disappear in while?

A.C.

Re: can war file be deleted?

Posted by Mikolaj Rydzewski <mi...@ceti.pl>.
Angelo Chen wrote:
> once you delete the war file, the program will not work any more, it seems to
> me the war file has to be kept there, but I notice those examples, it does
> not war files but still working, what's the  definite rule here?

If you deploy a webapp from the war file it has to be there (webapps
dir) all the time. If you remove the file Tomcat will just undeploy the
application.

--
Mikolaj Rydzewski <mi...@ceti.pl>

Re: can war file be deleted?