Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/18 01:17:47 UTC

Building release version from source (without -SNAPSHOT suffix)

Hi,

A tiny question, but I want to get it right. Right now I build the
jars from source and all the Lucene/Solr jars are generated with
-SNAPSHOT suffix.

What do I need to do to generate artifacts exactly like a release manager would.

I can see lucene/version.properties, but it says NOT to change the
version.suffix/version/spec.version variables. So, what do I change
then?

Thanks,
    Alex.
----
Solr Analyzers, Tokenizers, Filters, URPs and even a newsletter:
http://www.solr-start.com/

Re: Building release version from source (without -SNAPSHOT suffix)

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hmm. I guess you are right. In the end, I only cared about one line
from that instruction (override switch) and even then I did not use it
the same way. And not for a standard use case anyway.

Forget I mentioned it :-)

Regards,
   Alex.
----