Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Yuxiang Mai <yu...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/18 12:26:52 UTC

TridentTransactionalSpout in Storm 1.1.0 version

Hi, expert

We have upgraded our storm cluster to V.1.1.0 from 1.0.2. We are using
TridentSpout for our topology, and change our external package from
Storm-Kafka to Storm-Kafka-Client to be fit to the new Kafka API.

But in test, we found that our Topology working find with
the KafkaTridentSpoutOpaque, it's just the same as the OpaqueTridentKafkaSpout
in storm-kafka v.1.0.2.
But for the KafkaTridentSpoutTransactional, it's very strange. Seems
Storm-kafka-client 1.1.0 do not support KafkaTridentSpoutTransactional.

Here is the code for
org.apache.storm.kafka.spout.trident.KafkaTridentSpoutTransactional
in v.1.1.0:
*Is Storm-kafka-client no longer support KafkaTridentSpoutTransactional?*

public class KafkaTridentSpoutTransactional implements
IPartitionedTridentSpout {

    @Override

    public Coordinator getCoordinator(Map conf, TopologyContext context) {

        return null;

    }

    @Override

    public Emitter getEmitter(Map conf, TopologyContext context) {

        return null;

    }

    @Override

    public Map<String, Object> getComponentConfiguration() {

        return null;

    }

    @Override

    public Fields getOutputFields() {

        return null;

    }

}
Thanks a lot.

--
Yuxiang Mai

Re: TridentTransactionalSpout in Storm 1.1.0 version

Posted by Yuxiang Mai <yu...@gmail.com>.

--
Yuxiang Mai
Sun Yat-Sen Unitversity