Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Nick Faiz <ni...@q9software.com> on 2006/02/22 08:06:20 UTC

interceptors or event listeners for Tapestry

Hi,

I want to find a way to create a security layer in my application which
I can re-use elsewhere. I've imagined something like an interceptor or a
page event listener
(http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/UsersGuide/events.html).

Tapestry doesn't seem to support interceptors.I want to keep my solution
within Tapestry - using a Hivemind or Spring interceptor is overkill
here and makes me step outside of Tapestry's handling of pages.

Any ideas? I could, of course, put all of my logic into a Page object,
but that is hardly a clean solution for code re-use. Extending
BaseComponent seems only suitable for UI components.

Cheers,
Nick