Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/19 19:26:10 UTC

[CALCITE-2518] Javadoc warnings and build failure

Hi,

I would like to fail the build on Javadoc warnings (e.g. broken link,
invalid html tag, etc).
Current code has lots of warnings on missing @param and @return, and it
would take a while to invent meaningful comments there, so I assume we
would like to ignore missing-* warnings.

Issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2518
PR: https://github.com/apache/calcite/pull/843

if no-one objects within three days, I'll assume lazy consensus and commit
it.

Vladimir

Re: [CALCITE-2518] Javadoc warnings and build failure

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
+1

Definitely continue to ignore warnings about missing @param and @return. I don’t want to encourage people to write information-free javadoc comments. A good one-line description is much better than 10 lines of garbage.