Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Johan Svensson <jo...@euroling.se> on 2011/08/19 16:12:06 UTC

No hit on root word when stemming enabled

This might or might not be related to nutch. I am yet too inexperienced
to tell.

I have indexed a site with solr after crawling it using nutch. It works
very well if stemming is not enabled. Using stemming, however, solr does
not return any hits when searching for the root of a word. I use Swedish
stemming.

For example, searching for support gives hits if not using stemming.
Using stemming, searching for support gives no hits. Though, searching
for supporten returns hits that match support.

By debugging the query, I can see that it stems the word support to
suppor (which is incorrect by the way, but that should not matter).
However, having the word stemmed to suppor, I want it to search for
matches with the the original query word as well.

I'd appreciate any help on this!

Johan

Re: No hit on root word when stemming enabled

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
This is not a Nutch but a Solr question. They can help you overthere.

Ps. If you change your index-time analyzer you must reindex your documents.
This is probably your problem.

--
Markus Jelsma - CTO - Openindex
http://www.linkedin.com/in/markus17