Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Power-Netz (Schwarz)" <sc...@power-netz.de> on 2002/07/26 15:23:56 UTC

tc 3.3.2 dev nb 8.7.2002 delays responses?

Hi,

Short:

I found out, that tc 3.3.2 nightly build from 8.7.2002 delays the
response delivery to the browser.

Full:

I changed from tc 3.3.1 stable release to 3.3.2 dev Linux RH 7.2 1GB RAM 2
CPU 1.3 GHz.
tc is standealone only servering SSL , but with some vhosts..

before I upgraded to the dev version, our webapp served the pages out of the
db
as fast as possible, much faster than the running apache with phpmyadmin!

But now it processes the pages as fast as ever , but does no longer respond
immediatly
to page requests. Theres mostly a delay of 1.5 - 2 seconds before the jsp
starts to be
processed. I put some date.getTime() outputs on the pages to see when its
processed and how long it took.
the jsp page is processed in <1 ms , just a simple page.

I had this behaviour before with 3.3.1 stable as i tried to chain apache and
tomcat with mod_jk,
which did not work at all. Anyway, the mod_jk stuff is removed and so it
should be no problem.

There a NO Exceptions or logentries while the pages delay at all, so there
no indication
that something went wrong. The database class is not reloaded or reopend or
something else.
In Fact for one test there is no db in use.

When I ->reload<- a page it response immediatly!!

As far as i can remeber I just copied the webapps directory structure into
the decompressed
tgz archive and copied the libs needed for ssl into the coresponding dir's.

Something wrong with it??

M. Schwarz

>>> POWER-NETZĀ®
            Full-Service-Provider <<<

Online-Support:
Support: 0190 - 15 11 15 (EUR 0,62/Min)
http://Support.Power-Netz.de (kostenlos)
http://Support.Power-Netz.com (kostenlos)

Vertrieb Tel:  01805 - 57 35 57 (EUR 0,12/Min.)
Vertrieb Fax: 01805 - 57 45 57 (EUR 0,12/Min.)

Power-Netz
Am Plan 1
37581 Bad Gandersheim

http://www.Power-Netz.de