Posted to dev@tamaya.apache.org by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/15 19:36:57 UTC

Fwd: [jc-user] Duke's Choice Award Nominations are Open

Hi,

Reza reminded us of this year's Duke's Choice Awards.

WDYT, is it too soon for Tamaya, e.g. should only Apache projects that
graduated (like TomEE or DeltaSpike, both winners in 2014;-) from the
incubator be nominated there?

Werner

*From:* michelle kovac <mi...@oracle.com>
*Date:* August 7, 2015 at 2:01:24 PM EDT
*To:* jug-leaders <ju...@jugs.java.net>, users@java-champions.java.net
*Reply-To:* users@java-champions.java.net

The 13th annual Duke's Choice Award program is now open for nominations
through Aug 24th.

Let's recognize 10 outstanding examples of Java innovation. The community
and Oracle panel
will select nine winners and once again we'll leave one up to community
choice.

Please help promote the 2015 award by hosting the "nominate now" button on
your JUG
or project website and provide a direct link to the program website
<https://community.oracle.com/community/java/javas-20th-anniversary/dukes-choice>
.

https://community.oracle.com/community/java/javas-20th-anniversary/dukes-choice

See Yolande's Java Source blog
<https://blogs.oracle.com/java/entry/duke_s_choice_award_nomination> for
more details:    https://blogs.oracle.com/java/

See you at JavaOne!

Michelle

Re: [jc-user] Duke's Choice Award Nominations are Open

Posted by Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com>.
Honestly my feeling says it is too early. But hope we get some ultimate
visibility now with the first release, and ensure we will release multiple
times in the next time. With each release people will better know our
project, so we are in a good position for next year...

--
*Anatole Tresch*
Java Engineer & Architect, JSR Spec Lead

*Switzerland, Europe Zurich, GMT+1*
*Twitter:  @atsticks*
*Blogs: **http://javaremarkables.blogspot.ch/
<http://javaremarkables.blogspot.ch/>*

*Google: atsticksMobile  +41-76 344 62 79*