Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Rabenau, David (Non-Associate)" <dr...@Schnucks.com> on 2004/06/16 14:41:33 UTC

Contrib Table Component

Hi all!

I've been following the listserv for some time and don't remember seeing
anything about the Table component in the contrib library.

I can't get it to work.  I've tried two ways:  feeding it the array and
string it needs ("source" and "columns" parameters) and by giving it an
ITableModel ("tableModel" parameter).  I get the same Tapestry
ApplicationRuntimeException:  "Either the tableModel parameter or both
source and columns parameters must be specified by component
Home/table.tableView"

I'm running this inside Eclipse 2.1.3 using JettyPlus via JettyLauncher
1.0.11 and the contrib library "tapestry-contrib-3.0-rc-2.jar".  My
application already sees and uses other contrib library components.

Any pointers on where to look next would be greatly appreciated.

David

Re: Tapestry On An ISP

Posted by Norbert Sándor <pr...@hotmail.com>.
> I believe all the needed jars come in the binary distribution.
You should download some binaries manually, or start the Ant build process
to download them. (For example javaassist and ognl if I remember well.)

Norbi

RE: Tapestry On An ISP

Posted by Ben Mathews <bm...@wilcoxassoc.com>.
Replicate your ISPs environment on your development machine.  Then you not
guessing if your system will work.  I believe all the needed jars come in
the binary distribution.

Ben Mathews
Central Point, OR

Re: Contrib Table Component

Posted by Michael Hamilton <mi...@actrix.gen.nz>.
Here is some code from of the JWorkTime demo, each TaskDTO has getters
and setters for its properties (and in this case there is no need for
any custom java code to do with tables).  There are several other
table examples in JWorkTime including some with customised columns
and selection links ( http://users.actrix.co.nz/michael/jworktime ).

Page file:
    <property-specification name="activeTasks" type="org.jworktime.dto.TaskDTO[]" persistent="yes"/>

    <!-- Creates a table from the retrieval -->
    <component id="tableViewActiveTasks" type="contrib:Table">
        <!-- Define colname:javaname, ... -->
        <binding name="columns">
            'ID:taskId, Name:name, Project:projectId'
        </binding>
        <binding name="source" expression='activeTasks'/>
        <binding name="rowsClass" expression="beans.evenOdd.next"/>
    </component>

HTML file:
       Tapestry will insert table of tasks here.

RE: Contrib Table Component

Posted by Mind Bridge <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

> I've been following the listserv for some time and don't remember seeing
> anything about the Table component in the contrib library.

Please check the archives, there have been a number of messages, including a
few describing an identical problem. They may be helpful.

> I get the same Tapestry
> ApplicationRuntimeException:  "Either the tableModel parameter or both
> source and columns parameters must be specified by component
> Home/table.tableView"

If you bind both source/columns and you keep getting this message, then you
are passing null to one of them. This appears to be a frequent problem for
some reason.

> and the contrib library "tapestry-contrib-3.0-rc-2.jar".

Even though the release candidates are close to the final 3.0 version, I
would still recommend to use the final -- there are some bugs fixed that you
may hit upon by chance.

I would recommend checking out the Table documentation (if you haven't done
so already, of course)

http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/doc/ComponentReference/contrib.Table.html

and the Workbench examples on how Table is used.

It is simple -- something like

    source="ognl:@java.util.Locale@getAvailableLocales()"
    columns="Locale:toString(), Language, Country, Variant"/>

will work, for example.