Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by m_awais <mr...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/12 11:06:16 UTC

[FLEX JS] How to import mx.managers.PopUpManager?

Hi,

I am trying to import mx.managers.PopUpManager in my flex JS project mxml
file. I tried different import statements but none of them worked.

xmlns:mx="library://ns.apache.org/flex/mx"  in <JS:Application> tag

import org.apache.flex.mx.managers.PopUpManager; in <fx:Script> tag

Is there anything additional i am missing, or my import syntax is wrong?

Thanks!

--
Sent from: http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/

Re: [FLEX JS] How to import mx.managers.PopUpManager?

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Muhammad,

You cannot simply import something from old Flex. UI creation in FlexJS is
very different.
There is util [1] which you can mainly use I think similar as PopUpManager,
but I have to admit I didn't explore yet this one.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/flex-asjs/blob/develop/frameworks/projects/Core/src/main/flex/org/apache/flex/utils/UIUtils.as

Thanks,
Piotr

> I am trying to import mx.managers.PopUpManager in my flex JS project mxml
> file. I tried different import statements but none of them worked.
>
> xmlns:mx="library://ns.apache.org/flex/mx"  in <JS:Application> tag
>
> import org.apache.flex.mx.managers.PopUpManager; in <fx:Script> tag
>
> Is there anything additional i am missing, or my import syntax is wrong?
>
> Thanks!
>

> --
> Sent from: http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/

--

Piotr Zarzycki

mobile: +48 880 859 557
skype: zarzycki10

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/piotrzarzycki
<https://pl.linkedin.com/in/piotr-zarzycki-92a53552>

Re: [FLEX JS] How to import mx.managers.PopUpManager?

Posted by m_awais <mr...@gmail.com>.
Thank you all for reply.

pkumar thanks for the link. I tried to use the imports from that link. My
application gives error on

"import views.PopUpView" and states : Definition views.PopUpView could'nt be
found.

Also it showing "xmlns:ns1" keywords in red. I verified the path is correct.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Posted by PKumar <pr...@gmail.com>.
check the  sample code at following github link

https://github.com/pkumar-ghub/ApacheFlexJSDemo/tree/master/PopupWindow

Posted by m_awais <mr...@gmail.com>.
Piotr,

It was really helpful. Covers almost whole JS.

Thanks!

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi :),

I think there is great answer to your question on users list posted today
[1].

[1]
http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/How-To-Start-Converting-A-Browser-Project-to-FlexJS-td15946.html

Thanks,
Piotr

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
FWIW, the reason there is no PopUpManager in FlexJS is only because nobody
has needed it yet.  The mx.managers.PopUpManager and related classes is a
pretty sophisticated subsystem that allows multiple "top-level"
overlapping windows.  All of that code is only truly needed if you have
more than one popup on the screen at a time and folks need to move them
around and overlap them.

FlexJS is being implemented with a pay-as-you-go (PAYG) philosophy.  So
far, all of our code only needs to popup one thing at a time, so you can
just find an IPopUpHost or use the main view and call addElement and
removeElement and you app will be smaller and faster.

But if you do need overlapping top-level windows, then we need a volunteer
to create the equivalent functionality for FlexJS.

Thanks,
-Alex

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Exactly!