Posted to user@struts.apache.org by boraldo <bo...@hotbox.ru> on 2009/02/27 18:25:01 UTC

Form validation: how can khow in jsp that my action validation failed?

I need output special info in JSP if validation failed. How can I do it?
ActionSupport has method hasActionErrors. I need smth like that for JSP.

Re: Form validation: how can khow in jsp that my action validation failed?

Posted by hernan gonzalez <hg...@gmail.com>.
Your jsp has access to your action, in the valuestack. So, you should
be able to ask

<s:if test="hasActionErrors()">
</s:if>

Beware: for validation errors,
besides hasActionErrors()  you might want to ask hasFieldErrors().
Or use hasErrors() , that includes both

Hernán J. González
http://hjg.com.ar/