Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Andy Armstrong <an...@tagish.com> on 2004/03/30 15:58:16 UTC

jk2: dependencies between logger.file and workerEnv

I've just produce a non-Windows version of the DSAPI (Lotus Domino)
connector and I had a bit of a struggle getting the initialisation code
right because of co-dependencies between workerEnv and logger.file. It
seems that logger.file needs workerEnv to exist for it to initialise
itself but the workerEnv initialisation code expects a logger to exist.

I've ended up with workerEnv initialisation logging to an uninitialised
file logger which results in log output being sent to stdout. Not
terribly satisfactory but it allows the connector to load.

jk_logger_file.c can easily be doctored to remove the dependency on
workerEnv but it would then lose the ability to expand named properties
in the passed in filename (like: "${serverRoot}/logs/jk2.log").

Any thoughts on the nicest way to fix it? I don't mind implementing a
fix but I don't want to make unpalatable changes to the common jk2 code.

--
Andy Armstrong, Tagish