Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> on 2014/07/15 20:09:14 UTC

ApacheCon schedule selection, almost ...

As you may know, we were supposed to send out speaker notifications for
ApacheCon today. This isn't going to happen, but we're nearly there. We
should have talk selections by tomorrow. An actual schedule (shuffling
what days get what tracks, eliminating places where someone speaks twice
at once, that kind of thing) will take a few days longer. So hopefully
we'll have speaker notifications by the end of the week, and an actual
schedule announced the end of next week.

If you want more details, please drop by #apachecon on Freenode IRC.
Unless you want to bug me about why this talk and not that talk, in
which case please don't, because it's been brutal. It's *never* about
selecting the good talks and dropping the bad ones. It's always about
deciding *which* good talks to drop.

Special thanks to the folks who have helped out so much in this process,
but especially to Jan Iversen, without whom I'd still have at least 4
days of work left to do.

--Rich

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon