Posted to dev@vcl.apache.org by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu> on 2009/05/19 17:31:17 UTC

Mentors: health of project/community?

Re: Mentors: health of project/community?

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
What's being done poorly is my ability to scraping the time to keep
up.  I'm sorry.

Things seem to be going well.  Some of the big issues seem to be
diversity and NCSU's use of the VCL name.

Please remember that you can still perform releases while still being
in the incubator.

Regards,
Alan

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
I've been out of band most of May due to some work commitments and I'm
catching up.

Apart from the name thing it looks like the dev list is increasing in
activity and there are some good discussions / collaboration going
on.  I'm sorting through the thread so I may run into a note on this
but I think a release is needed.  I saw sometime back that Brian had
released something outside of the Apache process.  I expect it was to
show something off and it was faster than getting a whole release
done.  Getting the 1.0 release out will help build the community as it
will then be Apache VCL 1.0 which will bring people here.