Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Eugene Gluzberg <dr...@apache.org> on 2002/10/09 20:29:56 UTC

mod_jk crash, please help

I am running apache 1.3 with mod_jk, my apache has apxs.

I compiled and installed mod_jk from source, tag TOMCAT_4_1_12,
configured it using the following options:
./configure --with-gnu-ld --with-apxs=/myapxpath/bin/apxs --enable-EAPI
--with-java-home=/usr/java/jdk1.3.1

ran make

installed mod_jk into the module directory, loaded fine.

I created a virtual host in apache and added the following JkMount:

JkMount /*.jsp wwwuser_wk

My workers.properties looks as follows:
workers.java_home=/usr/java/jdk1.3.1
workers.tomcat_home=/var/tomcat4
worker.list=wwwuser_wk

worker.wwwuser_wk.host=localhost
worker.wwwuser_wk.port=5266
worker.wwwuser_wk.type=ajp13
worker.wwwuser_wk.lbfactor=50
worker.wwwuser_wk.cachesize=10
worker.wwwuser_wk.cache_timeout=600
worker.wwwuser_wk.socket_keepalive=1
worker.wwwuser_wk.socket_timeout=300

I startup apache and tomcat, then i point my browser to xyz.com/index.jsp

I get nothing back on the browser, and the following in error_log
[notice] child pid 19817 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

I added debugging code to mod_jk and traced it to the following line in
mod_jk.c
   s->remote_host  = (char *)ap_get_remote_host(r->connection,
r->per_dir_config, REMOTE_HOST);

REMOTE_HOST seems to be NULL for that since i printed all the stuff from
there.

Please help. How can i trace this further? How do i get apache to
generate a core file so i can see where in apache code this is? Any
pointers for help here at all?

Eugene

Re: mod_jk crash, please help

Posted by Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>.
Quoting Eugene Gluzberg <dr...@apache.org>:

> Please help. How can i trace this further? How do i get apache to
> generate a core file so i can see where in apache code this is? Any
> pointers for help here at all?

Have a look at this: http://httpd.apache.org/dev/debugging.html

Bojan