Posted to user@poi.apache.org by "Simmons, Tom (GE Oil & Gas, VG)" <to...@ge.com> on 2011/09/15 11:57:29 UTC

Updating project from 3.7 to 3.8 beta 4

I need to start using the version 3.8 in my project which currently uses 3.7.  I was hoping it would be a clean swap, but for some reason I'm getting a handful of silly errors.

XSSFReader xssfReader = new XSSFReader(pkg); - The constructor XSSFReader(OPCPackage) is undefined

cell.getColumnIndex(); - The method getColumnIndex() is undefined for the type HSSFCell - Cell is definitely an HSSFCell

row.getCell(x++) - The method getCell(short) in the type HSSFRow is not applicable for the arguments (int) - x confirmed as int, row as HSSFRow

I haven't found anything saying the upgrade should be anything other than a direct replacement.  All the constructors/methods all exist according to the API.

Any ideas?

Tom

RE: Updating project from 3.7 to 3.8 beta 4

Posted by "Simmons, Tom (GE Oil & Gas, VG)" <to...@ge.com>.
It's certainly a strange one.

I've removed the JARs and imported as external into the project (using Eclipse), got these errors.  So I removed that reference, deleted the others from the project, added these into its structure and added to the build path, same error.

If I revert back to the 3.7 JARs, it's instantly fine again.

Tom

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011, Simmons, Tom (GE Oil & Gas, VG) wrote:
> I need to start using the version 3.8 in my project which currently
> uses 3.7.  I was hoping it would be a clean swap, but for some reason
> I'm getting a handful of silly errors.
>
> XSSFReader xssfReader = new XSSFReader(pkg); - The constructor
> XSSFReader(OPCPackage) is undefined

That hasn't changed

> cell.getColumnIndex(); - The method getColumnIndex() is undefined for
> the type HSSFCell - Cell is definitely an HSSFCell

Ditto.

I'd suggest you double check the exact jar that's being used, in case an older one has snuck in - http://poi.apache.org/faq.html#faq-N10006 has a handy tip for how to identify that

Nick

Re: Updating project from 3.7 to 3.8 beta 4

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.