Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by srinath gamage <sr...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/02 13:45:28 UTC

Regarding to "roller-mobile\Mobile interface for Roller blog server"

Hi Dave,
     I'm going to implement this with javaME.
But it is not so clear what is expected from the server side.
Pls clarify.

--
With regards,
Srinath

Re: Regarding to "roller-mobile\Mobile interface for Roller blog server"

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 7:45 AM, srinath gamage <sr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm going to implement this with javaME. But it is not so clear what is expected from the server side.

If you implement with J2ME, then your app will be responsible for
displaying the complete UI. You'll have to get the data from
somewhere. One option is to use one of Roller's existing web services
for creating, retrieving, updating and deleting blog entries. Roller
supports both the XML-RPC based MetaWeblog API and AtomPub and AtomPub
is the preferred protocol.

- Dave