Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by "Philip M. Gollucci" <ph...@p6m7g8.com> on 2002/12/12 16:32:57 UTC

FreeBSD 5.x and sys/syslimits.h

FreeBSD 5.x series

/usr/include/sys/syslimits.h:

#if !defined(_KERNEL) && !defined(_LIMITS_H_) && !defined(_SYS_PARAM_H_)
#if __GNUC__
#warning "No user-serviceable parts inside."
#endif
#endif

Meaning I get 50 million of these while compiling apr.

>>From apr/configure.in

grep -n syslimits configure.in
950:    sys/syslimits.h \
984:AC_SUBST(sys_syslimitsh)

Somehow, these should make
include/apr.h
#define APR_HAVE_SYS_SYSLIMITS_H 0

I'm not quite up to par on aprs build so I can't make a patch myself

 $FreeBSD: src/sys/sys/syslimits.h,v 1.14 i
   is the most recent.
   contains a #warning downgraded the #error

 $FreeBSD: src/sys/sys/syslimits.h,v 1.13
   this actually contains an #error parameter.

 $FreeBSD: src/sys/sys/syslimits.h,v 1.12
   this is the first version to have a #error
   I don't recall if this was in the 4.x series or not.
   I don't see any CVS tags for it though.