Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Albert Lee <al...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/30 15:01:46 UTC

[DISCUSSION] Apache OpenJPA 2.2.1 Release Candidate 1

Discussion thread for vote on 2.2.1 release candidate, with SVN source
tag (r1397159).

For more information on the release process, checkout
-http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html
http://www.apache.org/dev/release-publishing
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html

Some of the things to check before voting are:
- does "mvn apache-rat:check" pass on the source
- can you build the contents of source-release.zip and svn tag
- do all of the staged jars/zips contain the required LICENSE and NOTICE files
- are all of the staged jars signed and the signature verifiable
- is the signing key in the project's KEYS file and on a public server
- does the release pass the TCK

--
Albert Lee.

Re: [DISCUSSION] Apache OpenJPA 2.2.1 Release Candidate 1

Posted by Albert Lee <al...@gmail.com>.
1. The Javadoc build starts from the top level root and hence automatically
pick up the example module.
2. The name of the top level project is named OpenJPA Parent POM, which has
been around since day 1.

Since these are minor concerns, I'll take a look at this suggestions after
the release is complete and target these changes, if any, to future
releases.

Albert Lee.

Posted by Albert Lee <al...@gmail.com>.

--