Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by "F.D." <fr...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/17 22:18:44 UTC

Logging in C++

Hi,

I'm continuing to work on a distributed closure in C++, and this time I'm
wondering how you can do a remote logging.

Thanks,
   F.D.

Re: Logging in C++

Posted by aealexsandrov <ae...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
What did you mean when saying "remote logging"?

In case if you asking how you can configure the standard Apache Ignite
logging:

Ignite java node will store its own log into a log file that will be located
in work dir. C++ ignite node will be started as a wrapper for java node.
When you start it you provide the XML configuration file. How to configure
the logging using XML you can read here (Don't forget to add the required
java binaries to the path):

https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs#section-log4j2

In case if you are going to log something from C++ code then you can use
some existing solution for it e.g log4cpp, Pantheios, Glog, etc. How they
should be configurated you can read on their official sites.

BR,
Andrei