Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Nicolas Delsaux <ni...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/08 17:39:17 UTC

maven-bundle-plugin, iPOJO and maven-pax-runner

Hi,
In the search for the best possible development framework, I've read
this afternoom the interesting first chapter of maven handbook, about
OSGi (http://www.sonatype.com/books/mcookbook/reference/osgi.html).

There are interesting things (like the ability to run an OSGi
application indiferently on Felix, knoperfish and equinox, but also
some drawbacks. The one I'm currently interested in is the BND
generation. My question is simple : is it possible to use
maven-bundle-plugin and maven-ipojo-plugin in a project currently
handled by maven pax-runner plugin ?
To be more precise, when a project is created with pax, locally
developped bundles are seen as maven modules. For these modules, the
compile phase requires MANIFEST.MF rewriting. pax-runner simply gets
its data from a bnd file, which I find really inferior to
maven-bundle-plugin. So, do you think it is possible to integrate
maven-bundle-plugin in a project where the "dominant paradigm" is
pax-runner ?

Thanks

--
Nicolas Delsaux