Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Luca Burgazzoli <lb...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/16 18:08:43 UTC

Add a "vault" for secrets to camel

Hello,

would it make sense to have a sort of "vault service" in camel to
store/retrieve secrets with support for common patterns ?

i.e.
- we can store an auth tokens and delegate to the vault to be notified
about its expiration or to renew it when needed (by registering some
functions/callbacks)
- we can provide different backends to provide secrets like for
kubernetes secrets, hashicorp's vault, etc (with support for
notification if the backend supports it)
- we can use the vault as properties source if someone prefix a
property with vault like {{vault:db.password}}

---
Luca Burgazzoli

Re: Add a "vault" for secrets to camel

Posted by Luca Burgazzoli <lb...@gmail.com>.
Logged a JIRA https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-1103 for the
next release.

I would like to have a way for components to register functionalities
for the vault like backends or flows (i.e. we may create a camel-jwt
to support JSON Web Token flow) etc so feel free to add subtasks for
specific flows/functionalities.

---
Luca Burgazzoli

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Yeah at first though this sound like a great idea.

--
Claus Ibsen