Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Nick Campion <nc...@linux.vnet.ibm.com> on 2008/10/01 22:22:02 UTC

Prevent modification of MANIFEST by maven Felix

I'm working on a project where we are using Felix to modify an included manifest from a bundle while it is being built.  What we have been noticing is that felix maven-bundle-plugin is modifying the MANIFEST.mf file in place, At a minimum, every time we build, it modifies the entry "Bnd-LastModified:".  Typically we would not mind this behavior but when people run a maven build before check-in, we get meaningless modifications to that file in our diffs.

Is there anyway to prevent the plugin from writing to the MANIFEST file?  I can see it being useful to say "Don't modify the -included MANIFEST, but feel free to modify the output to target"... is there something I'm missing?  I can also see it being useful to have a flag or option to prevent the addition of a specific flag to your output, for instance, "No matter what you might think i want to do, dont add an Export-Package entry"  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Nick

Re: Prevent modification of MANIFEST by maven Felix

Posted by Peter Kriens <pe...@aqute.biz>.
You can do -removeheaders. This allows you to remove any header. You
can also say -noextraheaders. This will refrain bnd from adding any
headers except in the input. See http://www.aQute.biz/Code/Bnd

Bnd is extremely careful not to update the jar unless there is a
resource in it that was changed since the last time. Could be the
maven plugin that always writes?

Kind regards,

	Peter Kriens