Posted to wsrp4j-dev@portals.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/22 17:31:04 UTC

WSRP4J migration

Dear Portals PMC,

- Could someone on the PMC please help migrate infra resources (CVS,
mailing list, website etc) to portals?
- How about someone helping with incubator graduation process as well?

Thanks,
dims

--
Davanum Srinivas : http://wso2.com/ - Oxygenating The Web Service Platform

Re: WSRP4J migration

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Diego Louzán schrieb:
> Yes, I've tracked the changes through the commit emails and tried to
> incorporate all of them. I noticed most of them were for code formatting and
> adding the cvs id tag. There was one for removing Log class and refactoring the
> other log classes too.

Ah, great! It seems that you know much better what I did than I do myself :)

Excellent
Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/

Re: WSRP4J migration

Posted by Diego Louzán <dl...@apache.org>.
Yes, I've tracked the changes through the commit emails and tried to
incorporate all of them. I noticed most of them were for code formatting and
adding the cvs id tag. There was one for removing Log class and refactoring the
other log classes too.

Regards.
Diego.

Re: WSRP4J migration

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Re: WSRP4J migration

Posted by Diego Louzán <dl...@apache.org>.

Re: WSRP4J migration

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Santiago Gala wrote:

> I'd recommend moving to subversion as a first step, but right now it is
> a very bad moment, as dlouzan is committing a lot of things in a branch
> in CVS. He got a GSoC grant, and I'd wait until he is done with the
> grant work, in a couple of weeks. I'll be available for subversion
> migration.

Ok, so let's wait for the end of the GSoC first and then start
addressing the points.

Re: WSRP4J migration

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@apache.org>.
El lun, 22-08-2005 a las 17:50 +0200, Carsten Ziegeler escribió:
> Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> > Dear Portals PMC,
> >
> > - Could someone on the PMC please help migrate infra resources (CVS,
> > mailing list, website etc) to portals?

Nobody in the portal PMC has root or apmail, so we can only help with
subversion and the website moves. But we will do what is on our hands.
In my experience, dealing with things you can't do yourself (accounts,
mail setup, other root works) is very frustrating and drags a lot of
energy.

> > - How about someone helping with incubator graduation process as well?

What happened with the OASIS IP issues still remaining? have them been
cleared?

What kind of help is needed for graduation? Not sure about this. But I
agree that better sooner than later.

> > Thanks,
> > dims
> >
> We decided some time ago to do "everything at once" - migrating to
> Maven, switching to subverion, getting out of incubator and moving to
> portals. So *everything* changes only once :)

I'd recommend moving to subversion as a first step, but right now it is
a very bad moment, as dlouzan is committing a lot of things in a branch
in CVS. He got a GSoC grant, and I'd wait until he is done with the
grant work, in a couple of weeks. I'll be available for subversion
migration.

Asking for the lists in portals would be a reasonable second (or
synchronous) step, as mail lists take time to happen.

Once wsrp4j is in subversion and the lists at portals, moving it will be
easy.

> I think we have a gsoc student working on the maven thing - but I don't
> know the status.
> So, perhaps we should do once thing after the other perhaps?
>
> I think there is one thing we should also do when migrating out of
> incubator: "clean up" the committers list. There are several committers
> listed for wsrp that have never shown up in the last years.

+1, in portals we are using the policy that all committers have karma in
the whole portals repo, and we nominated "emeritus" committers not
actively involved in the projects since the beginning (thinking about
pluto graduation mostly, but also jetspeed oldtimers).

--
VP and Chair, Apache Portals (http://portals.apache.org)
Apache Software Foundation

Re: WSRP4J migration