Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Craig Flichel <cf...@novator.com> on 2009/09/22 18:11:55 UTC

JMeter high volume httpsampler context reset

I have to test high-volume of users - over 20k.

JMeter creates/starts a thread for each of these even though many of
them are scheduled to execute after a very long delay.  My jmeter slaves
cannot handle so many running threads.

An option that was presented to me was to have them looping and
repeating resetting the context between iterations, to avoid reuse of
the tomcat session on loop.  How would I reset the context?

My test setup is simple - HTTP Cookie Manager, HTTP Request Defaults,
multiple HTTP Samplers.

Re: JMeter high volume httpsampler context reset

Posted by Craig Flichel <cf...@novator.com>.
Turns out this won't work for me - I need timed execution that isn't
dependent on the amount of time it takes for previous executions to
respond.  Also, I can't run more jmeter instances - not enough resources!

I'll continue to use my thread pool jmeter patch.  Thanks anyway.

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 22/09/2009, Craig Flichel <cf...@novator.com> wrote:
> I have to test high-volume of users - over 20k.
>
>  JMeter creates/starts a thread for each of these even though many of them
> are scheduled to execute after a very long delay.  My jmeter slaves cannot
> handle so many running threads.
>
>  An option that was presented to me was to have them looping and repeating
> resetting the context between iterations, to avoid reuse of the tomcat
> session on loop.  How would I reset the context?
>
>  My test setup is simple - HTTP Cookie Manager, HTTP Request Defaults,
> multiple HTTP Samplers.

If the context is maintained by Cookies, then:

ThreadGroup
  Cookie Manager (clear cookies each Iteration)
  Request Defaults
  Samplers ...

You could enclose the Samplers in a Loop controller if you want to
repeat several times for the same session.