Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Florent Nisseron <fl...@softeam.fr> on 2002/02/07 11:56:37 UTC

update from cactus 1.2 to cactus 1.3

Hi,

I use cactus to test some EJBs  with j2sdkee.1.3.1
it works well ( thanks cactus and junit :) with 1.2 release
but i try to migrate to 1.3 ... and it doesn't work anymore

I add the aspectjrt.jar
I change my cactus.properties to
<<<
cactus.contextURL = http://localhost:8000/cactus
cactus.servletRedirectorName = ServletRedirector
<<<<

but It doesn't work anymore.

the error is
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
http://localhost:8000/cactus/ServletRedirector?Cactus_TestMethod=testContextTestSequence1&Cactus_TestClass=test.CurrencyConverterEJBTestSuite.context.Context&Cactus_AutomaticSession=true&Cactus_Service=CALL_TEST

but if i try
http://localhost:8000/cactus/ServletRedirector in my browser I get a the
following error
<<<<<<<<<<<<
J2EE SDK/1.3.1 - HTTP Status 503 - Servlet ServletRedirector is
currently unavailable
type Status report
message Servlet ServletRedirector is currently unavailable
description The requested service (Servlet ServletRedirector is
currently unavailable) is not currently available.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

any idea ?
I check the entire list of what's new in 1.3 on the Cactus web site but
i find no more information about migration
Is there an how to for migration ?

Thanks for advance

Florent

RE: update from cactus 1.2 to cactus 1.3

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Florent,

It seems to me that the error is in your web.xml. It looks as if the
mapping of the ServletRedirector servlet is wrong (maybe there is a
trailing "/" in your mapping - something that was in Cactus 1.2 but has
been rightly removed in Cactus 1.3).

WRT the migration guide, yes we could provide something. It would be :

Step 1 : Put aspectjrt.jar in both your client side and server side
classpaths

Step 2 : Modify your cactus.properties to the new format

For example:
cactus.contextURL = http://localhost:8000/cactus
cactus.servletRedirectorName = ServletRedirector

Step 3 : Ensure that cactus.servletRedirectorName does not end with a
"/" and that the mapping in web.xml is :

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/ServletRedirector</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

Thanks for the suggestion.

... Ok let's do it ... done ... It is now available on the web site at
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/howto_migration.html

Cheers,
-Vincent