Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ron Savage <ro...@savage.net.au> on 2006/04/19 12:27:44 UTC

[users@httpd] Q: How to compile Apache with dmake under Windows using MinGW

Hi Folks

In the archives I see a discussion back in 2002 about this. Did anything come of
it?

A makefile acceptable to dmake and MinGW would be ideal.

I can't see anything appropriate in the (Windows) sources, the FAQ or by
Googling.

I have MinGW and MSYS installed, and used them to compile Perl V 5.8.8 and
Compress::Zlib (as a check on compiling a non-pure-Perl module), but even MSYS
still does not come with configure.

The aim is to compile Perl, Apache and mod_perl all with the same, non-MS,
compiler.

So, any ideas?

TIA.
--
Cheers
Ron Savage, ron@savage.net.au on 19/04/2006

Re: [users@httpd] Q: How to compile Apache with dmake under Windows using MinGW

Posted by Ron Savage <ro...@savage.net.au>.
On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 14:02:28 -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

Hi William

> It's a puzzle inside a riddle.  Ron, you might want to jump over to

Good! I was hoping it would be trivial compared to getting MS to stop crippling
my harware :-)).

> dev@apr.a.o where there's ongoing discussion and patches being

Will do.

$many x $thanx;
--
Cheers
Ron Savage, ron@savage.net.au on 20/04/2006

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Ron Savage wrote:
> Hi Folks
>
> In the archives I see a discussion back in 2002 about this. Did anything come of
> it?
>
> A makefile acceptable to dmake and MinGW would be ideal.

It's a puzzle inside a riddle.  Ron, you might want to jump over to dev@apr.a.o
where there's ongoing discussion and patches being applied to get the various
apr dependencies building/configuring for mingw (and some chatter about cygwin,
which also should use a preconfigured, win32 interface rather than postfix.)

With apr[-util/-iconv] compiling in mingw, then we proceed with the same
exercise to compile apache 2.